2 Corinthians 1:3-5 (ESV) Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, 4 who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. 5 For as we share abundantly in Christ’s sufferings, so through Christ we share abundantly in comfort too.
Who in the world wants trouble.. I mean for real... just the thought of it can cause your heart rate to increase, you can get sweaty, we can start going to the huge 1 seat theater of our minds and go over and over again how things will play out.. you know what I mean.
There are several awesome points in these few scriptures:
1. He is the Father of Mercies (not just mercy, but mercIES) So glad!! I would use up just a few!
2. He is the God ofALL comfort. Not just some.. not just once in a while.. but ALL!
3. He comforts us in OUR affliction.. but it doesn't stop there. God is LOVE and we are people of Love... SO.... He comforts us so we can do the same for others. No one knows your affliction better than you.. you get it and if you get it, you can easily relate with others.
4. We share ABUNDANTLY in Christ's sufferings. (Well.. I would assume if you are reading this today you have not yet been crucified on a cross in total pain, bleeding to death) Point being.. He endured MUCH and that is not to say you don't. We all endure junk, pain, hurt. If you are a true follower of Christ there are other things we must endure.. ridicule, pressure, disciplines... we can see what it is to share in the abundant sufferings of Christ.. But remember... He won.. He has the victory and man.. that us abundant comfort. Guarantee you.. Jesus knows comfort.
5. Back to our Dad.. through his generous and gracious love for us, He gives us the same abundant comfort He have Jesus and the joy of that for us is that we too can give that today.
What do you feel you ministry is in 2016? Are there people you can share that comfort with? It was never intended to be JUST for you, but was given just FOR you.
I hope you can experience that comfort today for yourself and share it with those around you and if you find it a bit difficult..... Hey... Remember.. #GodsGotThis